I know you are here for the Texas roadhouse steak fries recipe. It is one of those very rare recipes worldwide that create enormous fear in the heart of dieters everywhere. The same also happened to me! Consequently, I find it hard nowadays to stick to my dietary plan if I get steak fries Texas roadhouse around me!
Last year, my father was out of town, my mother went to his father’s house. So, we, my brother and I were at living on food ordered online. The day planned for my diet, my brother ordered the roadhouse steak fries, and I just tasted it once! This warm appetizer is something else in terms of taste and flavor!
Oh! One more thing: to bring your Texas roadhouse fries to fruition you would only need 35 minutes! Unbelievable? Yes, I know; only 15 minutes for the entire preparation process and another 20 minutes to finish cooking. So, it is easy-peasy, fast, and extremely reliable in terms of originality. You will see the rest in a while!
- Steak-style French fries, properly frozen (4-5 cups)
- Seasoning salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Garlic salt (1/4 teaspoon)
- Sharp cheddar cheese, finely grated (2 cups)
- Onion powder (1/4 teaspoon)
- Bacon (8-10 slices or more, if need be. It needs to be enough for making ½ cup of the fries)
- Frying oil (as much as you need)
Bake the fries first
- To prepare the steak Fries from Texas Roadhouse, begin with preheating your oven to 450-degree Fahrenheit.
- Set a medium-sized frying on your heating element over medium-high heat and cook bacon finely.
- Give enough time so that the bacon gets crips and take them out of the pan and set aside to dry on a towel.
- In a large bowl take out the bacon grease and set it aside to cool down slightly.
- Then, in that bowl, add the seasoned salt, garlic salt, and onion powder to the bacon grease and keep stirring finely. Then set the bowl aside to sit.
- Now, grease a baking sheet and line these fries in a single layer on the sheet and bake the fries for 13-15 minutes, or more, if need be. The fries will turn golden when done.
Set oven to broiling
- To get done with the second phase of the Texas roadhouse steak fries, combine the seasoning mix with bacon oil at first. Make sure a proper mix.
- Take an oven-safe bowl and put all the fries in it and finish the process by spreading all the cheddar cheese all over the arranged fries.
- At this stage, sprinkle the bacon slices, after crumbing them well, all over the fries.
- Set the timer at 5 minutes and place the bowl in the oven. Take a bit more time, if need be, to ensure that the cheese gets bubbly.
- At last, remove the bowl from your oven and let it sit. Give at least 5-7 minutes before serving.
- Always intent to top the fries with freshly cooked bacon. Otherwise, you will get compromised texture.
- This food item is actually known as an appetizer, but it also goes fine as a main meal. So, you can try it both ways.
- You can even store the fries. But I would suggest not to do it because they do not heat up well.
In each serving of this immensely popular Texas roadhouse cheese fries, you will get 360 calories. Carbohydrates offer 61% of the calories, while fat offers 34%. Other nutritional details are as follow:
|Serving (per serving)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||360 (1476 kJ)||–|
|Saturated Fat||2.5 mg||16 mg|
|Dietary Fiber||6 g||24%|
A piece of advice for you: before you move forward with the amazing formula, let me tell you that these steak fries, Texas roadhouse steak fries, will always strike to ruin your diet midway! Yes, it’s that insanely delicious and flavor-packed! I love you!
This is all for today. Coming back pretty soon with other recipes from the texas roadhouse. Don’t forget to share your thoughts concerning this recipe with me. Thanks in advance!
Try other steak recipe for a diversified cooking experience:
Hawaiian Electric Chop Steak Recipe