Is it possible to find anyone who likes macaroni-and-cheese but doesn’t really care for burgers? The honest answer to this question is a direct no. If you are one of those people, you are going to love this recipe as you love yourself! It takes deep-fried mac-and-cheese and combines a cheese-stuffed burger set. So, today our recipe is the ultimate Mac-and-Cheese Burger, the deep fried mac and cheese burger recipe.
This burger isn’t really out of the macaroni and cheese burger cheesecake factory, but, with the proper instructions followed, you are going to get exactly what you want, the original-like taste, which I assure you 100%. And you know what? Right now, all other burgers might be crying loudly, because it is hardly possible to find and cheesy and beautiful burger like this one.
On top of that, with the gooey cheddar cheese, this burger is not only insanely cheesy and beautiful, rather its downright deliciousness will take you out of the world. Don’t believe my words? Well, prepare it now and see how it turns out to be a showstopper in your family and among friends.
For the Mac & Cheese Bun
- Elbow macaroni (1 pound)
- Stick butter (only ½)
- All-purpose flour (¼ cup)
- Whole milk (3 cups)
- Eggs (1 large egg + 2 large eggs)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (3 cups)
- Shredded muenster cheese (1-½ cups)
- Kosher salt (½ teaspoon)
- Pepper (¼ teaspoon)
- Panko breadcrumbs (1 cup)
- Grated parmesan (1/2 cup)
For the Burger
- Impossible/Beyond beef (16 ounces)
- Shredded cheddar cheese (1 cup)
- Oil (2 tablespoon)
- To taste, kosher salt
- To taste, freshly ground black Pepper
Prepare the Mac & Cheese Bun
- Over high heat, put a pot full of salted water and bring to a boil. Add up the macaroni to the water and wait till it gets at dente (Check note*). Check the recommended cooking time in the package or try cooking for 1 minute or a little more.
- At the same time, take a large pot and over medium heat, melt the butter and add up to four in the butter. Keep cooking the mixture for approximately 5 minutes or more and the mixture will turn tan in color. Then add up the milk and bring the whole to a quick simmer.
- When the mixture simmers, take out half a cup of the milk from there and put the milk in another bowl.
- Add eggs to the bowl, and mixing with the hot milk, temper the eggs easily. Combine fully and then add this mixture to the previous pot. Keep stirring until all ingredients are finely combined with a smooth texture.
- Add up the pepper, salt, muenster cheese, and cheddar cheese and combine stirring. After that, add the drained macaroni into the mixture; combine finely by stirring heavily. Then in a large 9×13-inch baking pan, pour in the mixture and cover. Refrigerate the whole pan for 3 and half hours, even overnight, if possible.
- Now cut through the cold mac and cheese with a 4-inch round cookie cutter. Prepare bun-shaped disks and place these pieces onto a paper-lined tray of parchment paper. Then place the paper-lined tray in the fridge for 20-22 minutes.
- Mix the parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs in a small bowl at this stage. Then, beat to eggs to fully combined into another small bowl. Now, use the eggs to coat each of the disks of macaroni and then coat using the breadcrumbs.
- In the meantime, take the heating temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit by preheating and heat for 4-5 minutes. When it turns golden brown, you are done with this part of preparing deep fried mac and cheese burger.
Note: Cook until “al dente” means “to the tooth” and refers to such a condition of the food when you can easily cut through or bite because it has been boiled, but it still has firmness to some degree.
Prepare the Burger
- Make 4 evenly sized balls out of the meat. Then prepare two thin patties out of each ball one by one.
- Now, spread cheese (a large spoonful) on the thin patties and place the other part of the patties over that cheese spread patties right away. Pinch the edges up of the patties to seal.
- Then, season both the side of the patties using pepper and salt.
- On medium-high heat, in a non-stick frying pan, heat two teaspoons of oil. Take around 3-4 minutes for each side of the patties to sear evenly.
- Take down from the heated pan and spread over any of the mac and cheese buns. Then use the other part of the bun to top.
Well, you are done with your mac and cheese hamburger, now serve it as soon as possible. It is best to serve hot.
- If you do flour and egg then breadcrumbs, then you can again go for the same process (repeat). Go for the egg again and breadcrumbs one more time. Doing this will make the burgers fantastic with a nice crispy crust.
- For some people, the parmesan cheese may make the burgers taste a bit bitter. So, if it really happens for you, you can cut back on the cheese part.
- Fridge time does vary. So, be very careful with this step and take your time, if need be, wait overnight.
Enrich your expertise on preparing burgers
For burger lovers, there is no end to looking for different t types of burgers. So, if you are one of them, or just looking to give a short, here are your magnificent options:
Deep fried mac and cheese burger is a stunning source of daily necessary nutritional needs. Check out its fascinating nutritional value.
|Serving (1512 gram)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||980 (3923 kJ)||–|
One last thing that I haven’t tell is this is arguably or most probably the cheesiest burger out there. So, it doesn’t matter who you are, whether a burger lover or a frequent admirer, you don’t want to miss out on this magnificent burger recipe, the deep fried mac and cheese burger.
Yes, I know, there are a few variations out there. So, if you have any suggestions concerning this recipe, please feel free to let me know. I would really appreciate it.