Are you on a very busy schedule? Looking for an easy and quick meal without wasting much of your time? In that case, if you know, the best way to cook frozen turkey burgers becomes very helpful. You can just take the frozen burgers out of your freezer and cooking them within minutes, just like throwing them on the grill directly and in many other ways. In this content, I will be talking about the best ways to cook frozen turkey burgers.
These frozen turkey burgers are leaner compared to beef. They also contain less fat, saturated fat, and calories comparatively. So, you get a flavorful, juicy, and bun-covered burger very easily and within minutes.
So, I have brought here a step-by-step guideline for you to cook the frozen turkey burgers in many ways for your convenience.
Before you can jump into cooking your frozen turkey burgers, you can try a few American favorite burger recipes. They are worth every second.
Grill the frozen turkey burgers
Pre-packaged frozen turkey burgers
- There is no need of thawing the patties.
- For a charcoal grill, heat the coals until bright orange, and for gas grills, preheat the grill to medium-high heat.
- Now, use a little oil to brush both sides of the frozen patties.
- Then, grill the patties for 8 minutes, flip over, then grill the other side for another 8 minutes.
- If need be, take more time until the patties are thoroughly cooked.
- To check the doneness, you can insert a meat thermometer inside the patties. If the temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the patties from the grill and enjoy.
Homemade frozen turkey burgers
- Here, you will have to thaw the patties well. To thaw, take the patties out of the freezer and keep them in the refrigerator overnight. But, if you don’t have that much time, you can just place the patties under cold running water after putting them in a sealable plastic bag. This process will thaw the patties within two hours.
- Once you have thawed the patties well, use oil, like before to brush both sides of the patties.
- Heat your grill to medium-high and for a charcoal grill, follow the instruction described before.
- Grill the burgers for 8 minutes, flip over and grill the other side for another 8 minutes or more, until thoroughly cooked.
- Now, to ensure the doneness of the burgers, stick in a meat thermometer inside and check whether the meat temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit or not. If it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit remove the burgers from the grill and enjoy.
Broil the frozen turkey burgers
- The formula is very simple here; you don’t need to thaw the patties. So, get into cooking directly.
- Preheat your broiler to medium-high heat. Use oil generously to brush both the sides of the frozen turkey burgers, or you can also lightly spray them with oil.
- Then, place the burgers on the broiler pan, which must be set about 4” under heat.
- Broil the burgers for 7 minutes, then flip over and, broil the opposite sides for another 7 minutes or more.
- To check the doneness, insert a meat thermometer inside the meat and check the meat temperature. If the temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the burgers from the broiler and enjoy.
Cook the frozen turkey burgers on a skillet
- There is no need of thawing the burgers. So, get into cooking directly.
- Preheat your skillet to medium-high.
- Use enough oil to brush both sides of the burger patties. Or you can even lightly spray the burger patties using oil.
- Then cook the burgers for 9-10 minutes, then flip over, and cook the other side of the burgers for another 7-8 minutes.
- To check the doneness of the meat, insert a meat thermometer inside the burgers and check if the temperature has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit. If it has reached 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove the burgers and enjoy.
Cook the frozen turkey burgers on the oven
If you prefer a less smoky cooking process, that too, within a little less time, you may use your oven to cook the frozen turkey burgers.
- At first, place your griddle, or a grill pan will also do, on your oven rack carefully.
- Then preheat the oven to 500 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place your burger on the griddle or pan and cook for 8-9 minutes, then flip over, and cook the opposite side for another 8-9 minutes.
- When you think the burger is done, you can check the meat temperature with a meat thermometer. If the temperature is 165 degrees Fahrenheit, remove it from the oven and enjoy.
Air fryer cooking the frozen turkey burgers
Ah! This feels amazing to cook the burgers using an air fryer within minutes.
- Place the frozen turkey burgers, in a single layer, over the air fryer basket.
- Set the air fryer temperature to 375 degrees Fahrenheit and cook for 15 minutes.
- Then flip over the burgers and cook the other sides for another 10-12 minutes or more.
- Then, remove the burgers, using a spatula or tongs from the air fryer.
- At last, serve the burgers hot on a bun. Or you can use lettuce wrap or even cut up and put them into a salad.
Please make sure that you have checked the meat temperature properly as the temperature range may vary from air fryer to air fryer. Use a meat thermometer. When the temperature reaches up to 165 degrees Fahrenheit. Remove the burgers and enjoy.
You can use certain formulas to spice up your regular frozen turkey burgers. Thus, the burgers will be healthy-ish, but preference may also vary from person to person.
For classic burgers: You can utilize lettuce, a splash of ketchup, tomato, and sometimes some Swiss.
Pesto: You can use one or two certain types of pesto with your burgers, such as sundried tomatoes, pesto, mozzarella, etc.
Tex-Mex: cheese, guac salsa, and instead of a bun, you can use corn tortillas.
How do you make frozen turkey burgers taste good?
You can make the frozen turkey burgers taste better in numerous ways. One of which is using some vegetables. Vegetables will make the burger extra nutritious and flavorful. After you have cooked the burgers, cook the vegetables in a pan. The vegetables may include peppers, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, etc. Then add them to the burgers.
Are frozen turkey burgers healthy?
Certainly, they are. Especially when these frozen burgers are grilled, they offer better texture and nutritional value. These
So, as you can see, I have detailed the grilling, boiling, skillet, and even oven cooking methods to deal with frozen turkey burgers. Now you can cook them in any way that feels to be the best way to cook frozen turkey burgers to you.
Enjoy your burgers, and please let me know if you have any suggestions concerning the cooking process and how to make the frozen turkey burgers taste better.