Who doesn’t know Tom Hanks? He is undoubtedly one of the greatest actors to have ever set foot in the movie world. But, practically speaking, his movie Forrest Gump is even more famous than Tom Hank himself.
It is almost impossible to find any American adult who doesn’t know about this movie. But you probably don’t know that this 1994 movie has inspired a restaurant chain to be established in America. And our today’s recipe, the bubba gump seafood hush puppies recipe, is a recipe of that restaurant chain. I assure you what, like the movie and Tom Hanks, this food item is also going to win your heart. You are just minutes away to experience it yourself.
Now, as far as the food item concerns, Seafood hush pups bubba gump is one of the most comforting food items to ever get in America. If you utilize some creamed corn kernels along with some diced jalapenos, you are sure to get the vibe and twist of classic fried cornmeal pups. Let’s see…
- Self-rising cornmeal (2 cups)
- Self-rising flour (1 cup)
- Salt (1/2 teaspoon)
- Sugar (3 tablespoons)
- Lightly beaten eggs (3 large eggs)
- Milk (1/2 cup)
- Cheddar cheese; shredded (1-1⁄2 cups)
- Cream-style corn (1 can; 17 ounces)
- Seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers (2 jalapeno peppers)
- Finely chopped onion (1 large onion)
- To fry, vegetable oil (as much as you need)
- To begin, in a large bowl, combine the self-rising flour, salt, sugar along with the self-rising cornmeal.
- Then add the beaten eggs along with milk in the mixture and keep stirring. When it feels a bit dried and moistened, stop stirring.
- Then, one by one, stir in the sliced ononin, corn, seeded and chopped jalapeno peppers, and all of the cheese. Keep stirring until fully mixed, but avoid over stirring.
- In a Dutch oven, pour in 2 inches of vegetable oil, and heat the oil to 375 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Now, release the batter into the oil very carefully by rounded tablespoons.
- Fry the hush puppies without overcrowding in the oven. If making more, go for a few batches.
- Fry for 3 minutes and flip the puppies over midway.
At last, to get done with your bubba gump seafood hush puppies recipe, drain the puppies on paper towels. Then serve hot with your favorite serving options.
This magnificent bubba gump seafood hush puppies recipe easy ingredients swapping.
- If you don’t have onion at hand, swap it out with chives.
- If you don’t have self-rising in the pantry, feel free and use, for each cup of cornmeal and flour, 1 teaspoon of baking powder effortlessly.
- Make sure to use a paper towel-covered plate while frying the batches of puppies. It should remain hot as it is best served hot.
- If you aren’t using self-rinsing and only normal flour and corn, you will lose the entire texture and taste of the recipe. So be careful with it. Always use self-rising or use baking powder instead period.
- Some variations include rice and shrimp as well. So, feel fry to try them yourself.
Bubba gump shrimp hush puppies recipe has a few reasons to be your favorite, one of which is its being easy to made and has fantastic taste, another is its fascinating nutritional value. Out of its 801 calories, 28% come from fat alone.
|Serving (1512 gram)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||801 (3292 kJ)||–|
|Total Fat||25 g||38%|
|Saturated Fat||12.8 g||64%|
|Total Carbohydrate||118.7 g||39%|
|Dietary Fiber||8.1 g||32%|
|Cholesterol||237 mg||79 %|
|Protein||30.8 g||63 %|
As you might want to know, this is the only motion picture property restaurant in the world. The first Bubba Gump was established in Cannery Row in Monterey, California in 1996. But now it has total of 38 Bubba Gumps in its restaurant chain, including 16 international locations.
So, wherever you are in the world, if you have tried this amazing food item, you don’t have to head for or travel for a Bubba Gump. Prepare bubba gump seafood hush puppies recipe at your home and enjoy effortlessly.