Once I tried the Famous Dave’s smoked salmon dip recipe at a family gathering, and I still get goosebumps thinking about how all appreciated it! Everyone loved it and had a feast on it. On top of that, after packing it away, they also took the time and commented on how wonderful this meal was! I wasn’t much of a cook at that time, but I still remember that day every time I prepare this smoked salmon dip recipe.
I don’t go for the store-bought smoked salmon dip anymore; my homemade Dave’s smoked salmon dip recipe is all in all Dave’s favorite meal for me now. (You can also try my other favorite, the Famous Dave’s salmon spread recipe too.)
If you are about to throw a party and looking for an elegant and festive dish, this Famous Dave’s is there to save your day and win it all for you. This definite crowd-pleaser takes a few simple ingredients along with the smoked salmon. You can do away with the cooking in only 30 minutes once the salmon is ready. But the taste, texture, and pleasure it offers tend to linger for much more days than you can ever think of. So you can also easily knock it off from your holiday to-do list and enjoy your holidays!
Last but not least, you can keep it stored for two weeks easily in your refrigerator (in an air-tight container) and eat whenever you want. Thus, it gives you a surprising head start for parties, family gatherings, or events like this.
To make a 10-serving worthy smoked salmon dip recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- Finely softened cream cheese (1 package or 8 ounces)
- Finely chopped salmon (8 ounces). Either buy the hot smoked salmon from any local grocery store or smoke the salmon yourself.
- Worcestershire sauce (3 dashes)
- Whipping cream; preferably heavy (¼ cup)
- Hot pepper sauce (3 drops)
- Fresh and chopped dill (1 ½ teaspoon)
- (2 tablespoons). It’s fairly optional. You can skip it, and I will tell you how.
- Fresh lemon juice (1 squeeze)
- Capers (¼ cup)
I cannot tell you how good it feels when I smoke the salmon myself. If you are ready with all the ingredients, start experiencing one of the best Famous Dave’s recipes right away:
- Step 01: At first, smoke the 8-ounce salmon package very carefully. Make sure your salmon is cured and dried properly. Then place the salon in your smoker and set the smoker temperature to 225 degrees Fahrenheit. At this temperature, it will take 3-4 hours to smoke the salmon perfectly. The best way to determine the finely smoked salmon is by looking at the internal temperature. Use a good food or meat thermometer for this purpose. When the internal temperature reaches 140-150° F, your salmon is smoked perfectly. Take it out from the smoker and set it aside.
Pro tips: Always go for the King salmon for having a better smoking experience. It smokes comparatively smoothly than other types of salmons.
While preparing the Famous Dave’s smoked salmon dip recipe, you can skip step one by buying smoked salmon from the grocery store. But I recommend smoking it on your own. It feels amazing to smoke and prepare the whole recipe on your own.
- Step 02: Then, take the 8-ounce cream cheese package to room temperature. Keep it there for a few minutes.
- Step 03: Now, take a medium-size bowl and add the 8 ounces sour cream and cream cheese. Blend these two ingredients finely.
- Step 04: After that, add two tablespoons of finely diced green onion to the mixture. If you want, Shallots can also be a good option here. You can go for whichever you like the most.
- Step 05: Now comes the time to add the flavoring items. Add the Worcestershire sauce and garlic powder, each measuring 1/2 teaspoon along with one tablespoon of lemon pepper. Then blend them all again finely.
- Step 06: Then take somecapers (4 tablespoons) and chop them nicely. You can drain them, but don’t ever try to rinse them before chopping. Add them to the mixture.
- Finally, add the dried dill (1 and 1/2 – 2 teaspoons maximum) to the mixture and make sure it is finely blended with other ingredients.
- Step 08: Let the mixture rest overnight. However, it isn’t a mandatory step. If you are in a hurry, skip it by all means.
Now, top the dish with some capers and serve it crackers of your choice.
The Best Smoked Salmon Spread nutritional value
In every 10-serving worthy 8 ounces smoke salmon recipe, the nutritional value counts as:
|Nutritional Fact (10-serving)||Value||Daily Value|
|Calories (The amount of calories from fat is 97)||120.1||–|
|Dietary Fiber||0.1g||1 %|
|Saturated Fat||6.5g||32 %|
|Vitamin A Iu||428.3IU||9 %|
|Niacin Equivalents||1.7mg||13 %|
|Vitamin B6||0.1mg||4 %|
|Vitamin C||0.9mg||2 %|
For me, I am not exaggerating; this dish is like an addiction for me. I never even asked what was in this dish until I decided to try it myself.
This Famous Dave’s smoked salmon dip recipe is for those who want a wonderful dish, which is both devilishly delicious and nutrient-rich at a time. It can be served in many ways. But from every aspect, it makes one of the fastest consumed meals. What more can one get from a single dish?