Hey folks, today I’m here to serve you with another top-notch burger recipe, Bob’s burgers black garlic burger, and to enrich my America’s favorite burger recipe list after the Delicious Wagyu Beef Burger, Smashburger Black Bean Burger, Whataburger Patty Melt, Cracker Barrel Hamburger Steak.
Do you guys still remember the Best Burger episode in season 5 of the Bob’s Burgers series? No, I don’t watch cartoons actually, but on that my sister was with me forced me to watch that episode where Bob made this Bob’s burgers black garlic burger to win the best burger competition. So, the idea was set in mind, and within a few days I came up with a recipe to prepare such a burger. And here I’m today, to share my variation of black garlic burger with you.
If you are a fan of Bob’s burger, it would take no words to make you hit the unique burger recipe, but even if you don’t watch cartoons, just like me, I assure you, the burgers won’t let you down and will be a hit for sure.
- 20% fat included organic ground beef (600 grams)
- Brioche buns (Both store-bought and homemade will do the job)
- Caramelized onions (must be slow-cooked)
- Butter lettuce
- To taste, pepper and salt
For the Black garlic sauce
- Black garlic cloves (2 fat cloves)
- Chives (a large bunch)
- Mayonnaise (1 cup)
- Finely chop half of the chives, and place in a bowl with the ground beef. Mix the two properly, cover well and set the bowl aside in your refrigerator.
- Again, chop all the garlic cloves and place the chopped garlic in a food processor along with the mayo. Then chop the rest of the chives up and add to the food processor. Blend them until there is a smooth texture.
- Take the beef mixture out of the fridge, add a suitable amount of salt, and mix them thoroughly. But make sure you don’t knead them usually too much.
- Now, out of the beef mixture, carefully shape the beef patties. You can either use your hands or any burger press. No patty should be more than 5 ounces or 150 grams. Maintain the usual size.
- Open the brioche buns, slice them and butter them accordingly. Then, use a grill, cast-iron skillet, or even an oven to toast the brioche buns perfectly.
- Then use some salt along with the pepper to sprinkle over the patties evenly.
- Now, set the cooking temperature to medium and cook the patties for 100-120 seconds. Flip over and cook the other sides for another 90 seconds, or until medium-rare.
- When cooked, let the patties rest for 8-10 minutes under some tin foil. It will make sure the juice inside gets distributed throughout the patties thoroughly.
Assemble the burger
- To assemble the burgers, place some lettuce, the caramelized onions, the beef patty, and of course the top bun on the bottom bun. Don’t forget to smear the buns with sauces.
- For the caramelized onions, you can prepare the quick version on the day of preparing the burger. Or, if you want a head start, you can go for the slow-cooked version, which is definitely the better and preferable version. The slow-cooked version can also be prepared a day ahead.
The versatile serving option is another thing that I like about this recipe very much!
You can enjoy Bob’s burgers black garlic burger with some fries, e.g., sweet potato fries, which is preferred by me, or with some freshly prepared salad.
Can I make this burger without black garlic?
Yes, you can prepare Bob’s burgers black garlic burger without garlic. But, as the name goes, you can very well understand how important black garlic is in this dish. So, it is hardly possible to swap the black garlic and have the same taste thereby.
But this burger can make a fantastic pair with various types of sauces, such as the homemade BBQ sauce, even with the chipotle mayo, which can be a healthy option when you are not using black garlic.
Prepare a sauce of chive and garlic
If you aren’t using black garlic, you can prepare a sauce of garlic and chives and use it in your recipe.
- At first, in your oven, roast a bulb of fresh garlic for around 40-45 minutes continuously.
- The temperature should be 400 degrees Fahrenheit or 200 degrees Celsius.
- Here, you have to use the soft and sweet garlic cloves by swapping the black garlic. And your problem is solved.
Remember, as I have mentioned, nothing will substitute the black garlic, yet this sauce would be delicious enough and worthy to save the day.
Bob’s black garlic burger is not only tasty and flavor-loaded. The nutritional value it offers is also noteworthy…
|Serving (each serving)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||163 (668 kJ)||–|
|Total Fat||41.3 g||67%|
|Saturated Fat||0.7 g||–|
|Monounsaturated Fat||0.004 g||–|
|Total Carbohydrate||65.7 g||32%|
It’s still pretty hard to find a proper direction for this burger, but, as you are here, you have the accurate instructions in place for Bob’s burgers black garlic burger. Stick to instruction from the first to last if you are resembling the ingredients exactly.
But you can try your version later, once you have succeeded to prepare the original version. Don’t forget to let me know your version. Best of luck with your recipe!