There are few recipe items that barely feel overrated to me in certain circumstances. One of which is the Campbell’s broccoli cheese soup recipe. When you are tired and you need something very special to boost up your body and mind, then these recipes with Campbell’s cheddar cheese soup or recipe with Campbells cheddar cheese soup feel absolutely unmatchable.
Campbell has more than 150 years experience of making well-crafted and delicious soups, simple snacks, meals, heavy meals, and beverages for all. Today, I’m here to serve you with a very special cream of broccoli soup Campbells. Broccoli cheese soup is a crowd-pleasing, and velvety soup that takes Cheddar cheese, broccoli with cream.
The soup is very easy to prepare, although you need a heck a lot of ingredients, and it will be on your table within 30 minutes.
For a healthier combination with the cheddar cheese soup, you can try the following soup recipe anytime you want.
- McAlister’s Chicken Tortilla Soup Recipe for Healthy Choice
- Tasty And Nutritious 4bs Tomato Soup Recipe
- Fresh broccoli (2 fresh bunches)
- Butter (2 tablespoons)
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Finely chopped onion (1 large onion)
- Fresh garlic cloves (3 cloves)
- Chicken bouillon cubes (2 cubes)
- Curry powder (1 teaspoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Fresh pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Broccoli cheese soup (10 ounces)
- Evaporated milk (12 ounces)
- Cream (1/2 cup)
- In a medium pot, melt the butter over medium-high heat, Increase the heat, and add garlic, olive oil, and onion to the pot. Sauté them until the onions feel tender.
- Now, add up the broccoli along with the needed amount of water in the pot and add bullion so that it covers the broccoli barely.
- Now, bring the water to boil so the ingredients, especially the broccoli becomes al dente. It should not take more than 10 minutes. But if it does, give it its time based on the temperature.
- Add all the Campbell’s Broccoli cheese from the can.
- At this point, make a slurry of evaporated milk and 1/4 cup flour and add it to the mixture. Add more until the consistency matches your liking. If need be, for each quart of water keep adding 1 tablespoon of flour.
- Now, add the pepper, salt, cheese, or any other seasonings to taste.
- To taste better, finish the cooking process with heavy cream. There is no need to boil after that.
Like all other Campbell’s broccoli cheese soup recipe, let this soup set for whatever longer it takes. It will taste better as it keeps setting. You can even fix it when hot. Nonetheless, this soup also tastes fine when fresh.
Note: Cook until “al dente” means “to the tooth” and refers to such a condition of the food when you can easily cut through or bite because it has been boiled, but it still has firmness to some degree.
- Make sure you don’t use the stalks and florets skins only. Add them to the mixture as well. It makes a perfect combination in the end.
- Some of you may prefer the soup smooth. So, to ensure that, puree the whole or some part of the mixture to your blender and get done with a stick. Blender will also do the job.
- A very popular variation includes carrots, celery along with onion in it. When you combine these ingredients with freshly cooked broccoli and sharp cheddar, the soup becomes so sharp that there is literally nothing to beat it.
- A microwave-cooked version includes frozen broccoli cooked in the microwave along with an enhanced amount of pepper.
- Some people also use a combo of evaporated milk/blend/cream or regular milk along with 1 can of mushroom soup. So, that yields another great variation.
- You can also use Campbell’s Broccoli Cheese to bring out the original Campbell-like taste. But it’s nothing special. Instead, you can utilize cheddar cheese soup instead of broccoli cheese, which will make a magnificent variation.
Are you feeling bored and tired? Try the Campbell’s broccoli cheese soup recipe. If you are done with your go-to or regular cheese soups, then also try the broccoli cheese soup. Both the ways, these soups are the winner and sure to take you by surprise.
On top of that, you are never out of your options to go for different variations. So why thinking anymore? Go ahead and enjoy your soup, folks!