I have always loved to prepare something that surprises everyone and becomes a hit in the whole crowd no matter what the occasion is. This is also the only reason I appreciate the Strawberry shortcake cheesecake with golden Oreos so much. No matter what the occasion is and how diversified the crowd is, this stunning cake will always be a hit and appreciated by all.
This cake is amazingly beautiful to look at and loaded with rich and creamy flavors. You cannot deny the creamy, tart, sweet dessert of strawberry cheesecake, most famous in the summertime, in any way!
Some people claim this recipe is a bit hard, but it is not that hard if you have proper instructions in place. Although it takes a considerable amount of time, it is worth every nanosecond! So, here we go with our strawberry shortcake cheesecake recipe…
You can also try out a couple of famous desserts that are also known as crowd winners:
Anne of Cleves Cake Recipe, popularly known as Queen Anne’s cake recipe.
For the BOTTOM CRUST
- Cursed golden Oreos (22 pieces)
- Melted butter (5 tablespoons)
For the FILLING
- Cream cheese (4 packages; around 8-ounce)
- Divided sugar (1-2/3 cups)
- Cornstarch (1/4 cup)
- Pure vanilla extract (1 tablespoon)
- Large eggs (2 pieces)
- Heavy whipping cream (3/4 cup)
- Strawberry ice cream topping of Smuckers (1 jar; around 11.75 ounces)
For the TOPPING
- Crushed Oreos (12 pieces; divided)
- Strawberry gelatin (3 tablespoons)
- Softened butter (1-1/2 teaspoons)
Note: Keep one part of the Oreos for plain Oreo topping, and keep the a-other part for strawberry ones.
- Start off by preheating your oven to 350-degree Fahrenheit.
- Now use aluminum foil on the outer perimeter of the pan to line it out. In the same way, to prevent sticking, use butter in the inner part of the pan.
Preparing the CRUST
- At first, crush the Oreos and mix the crushed Oreos with butter.
- Then, take a 9-inch springform pan, and press the whole Oreos butter mixture into the bottom of that pan.
Preparing the FILLING
- Take a large bowl, and place the whole amount of sugar, cornstarch, and one package of cream cheese into that bowl. Then beat the ingredients using your electric mixer on low speed for three minutes; or and keep beating until the mixture feels creamy.
- Beat the other three packages of the cheesecake separately in the electric mixer. Then, set the mixer speed to high and beat the remaining sugar (1-1/3) using the mixture. At last, beat the vanilla in the same way.
- Now, add 1 egg and beat the butter, and after a proper beating add the other one. Then blend in the heavy cream and beat again until smooth.
- When the ingredients are fully blended, add the filling. Make sure you don’t over-mix the batter.
- Now, take the cheese filling and gently spoon (1/2) all over the prepared crust. In the same way, spoon the strawberry topping (only half) on top of the crust.
- At this point, to marbleize the strawberry ice cream topping and cheese mixture, drag your butter knife across the strawberries on the crust.
- After marbleizing, spoon in the remaining batter and apply the strawberry to the batter likewise.
- At last, bake the batter for 55-60 minutes or longer, whatever it takes, to ensure slight jiggle, if shaken gently.
Preparing the TOPPING
- Take your food processor or any small bowl and make large crumbs out of the Oreo cookies by pulsing.
- Then mix the softened butter into the crumbs gently with a fork, and, if need be, use your hands to mix and stick the pea-sized pieces together.
- Take 2 tablespoons of this Oreos and butter mixture out and set aside in a bowl.
- At this stage, pour the gelatin powder of strawberry all over the rest of the crumb. Keep
pinching all the pieces of the crumbs together simultaneously.
- You can also add more softened butter, if need be, to make sure the gelatin powder sticks to the baked and cooled cake perfectly.
- If you are, someway, allergic to strawberries, feel free to skip the strawberries by all means. This won’t affect the cake adversely. You will still have almost the same taste and texture. However, if things are fine with you, adding the add strawberries as a topping to the cake will make it fascinating.
- You can use the Duncan Hines Classic White Cake for the cake or any other cake mix of your liking. Just follow the instruction on the package thereby. You may also need milk instead of water as well.
- If you use butter cookies, you can use any brand of your choice.
Although it is not a good idea to prepare the whole cake in advance, yet you can prepare some of it ahead. For me, I usually make the cheesecake the day before or the night before. Thus, I can save a lot of time the following day.
On the next day, you will just have to bake the layers of the cake. Then, after whipping the frosting up, crumble the topping and assemble the cake altogether and you are all set to show the beauty of the cake, strawberry shortcake cheesecake.
Another thing is, although I have tried it once, preparing the layers of the cheesecake ahead. You can prepare this the day before and keep it safe in the freezer. Make sure you wrap it well and keep it in the freezer until the minute you use it.
Can I bake the Oreo crumble?
No, it is not recommended to bake the Oreo crumble. The topping of Oreo crumble is suitable to use when you have baked the cake and it has cooled down finely.
Can I store the cake?
Yes, the cake can be stored without any issue. Wrap the whole cake tightly using plastic wrap, and then put the cake in an airtight or well-sealed container. And place the cake in your freezer. This way, the cake will remain fresh for up to 1 month.
When it comes to defrosting, defrost your cake by keeping the cake, overnight in your refrigerator.
We cover the shortcake with a thin layer of cheesecake just to make sure that the things stick together and it looks stunningly beautiful. But this creamy, tart, sweet dessert is much more than this cheesecake. It literally combines cheesecake, strawberries, and cake and the taste outdo other cakes of its kind.
So, Strawberry shortcake cheesecake with golden Oreos is perfect for celebrating any occasion and can also be prepared ahead; don’t miss it out. And, stay with my blog for more recipes like this!