Crumble sausage is really handy to pair up with a heck lot of food items, such as pizza, gravy, pasta sauces and you name it. It is always there to save the day for you. Well! All of these talks mean nothing to you, as I have experienced if you don’t know how to cook crumble sausage. Moreover, all these mentioned food items that go with the crumbled sausage also take a huge amount of time. So, here I am today, to help you out!
Usually, if you have ever tried to prepare the crumbled sausage, you have experienced how stressful it is to stand over a stove! It keeps cooking and you stand there wasting a ton of time. Last but not the least, heat tolerance is also hard to deal with!
So, today I’m here to provide you with the easiest formula for cooking the crumbled sausage. I bet you would like it like never before.
- Dry Veggie Italian Sausage-Free Mix (1 bag; around 8 ounces)
- Coldwater (2 cups)
- Olive Oil or Canola Oil (2 tablespoons)
Note that, if you are using reduced oil, use 1 tablespoon of it.
- In a big bowl, mix all the ingredients. Keep stirring until they are finely mixed.
- Put a cover and set the mixture aside for 10-12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, preheat your skillet at medium heat after putting some oil on it.
- Place the mixture in the preheated skillet.
- Chop the mixture, while browning, using a spatula. It would take a max 6-8 minutes.
Now, your crumbles are ready. Enjoy it the way you like.
If you feel like baking the casseroles, pizza, or lasagna, you don’t have to brown the crumbles. You can even add all the uncooked crumbles to your desired recipe and then bake your recipe altogether.
But, if you are aiming to go for burritos, sauces, or chilis, before serving these food items, just add the browned crumbles.
Tips and Tricks
- If you want to save the uneaten crumbles, you can store them for up to 7 days in your refrigerator and keep them in the freezer for up to 3 months. So, it is pretty easy to enjoy it at a later date.
- Uncooked crumbles will stick to your hands. So, use wet hands to prevent this mess.
When you invest your time in knowing how to cook crumble sausage, you might want to know how much nutritional value your crumbled sausage offers. Here you go:
|Serving (per serving)||Nutritional Value||Daily Value|
|Calories||589 (2414 kJ)||–|
|Total Fat||53.3 g||82%|
|Saturated Fat||19.2 mg||96%|
|Total Carbohydrate||1.1 g||-1%|
Why does my sausage break apart and crumble when I cook it?
Brittle-cooked sausage is normally the aftereffect of insufficient fat or insufficient water in the blend. If you want a quality completed item, meat, fat, and water- all are exceptionally significant fixings in making that.
How do you cook sausages in a frying pan?
Put a non-stick (or use non-stick spray for a better result) pan over medium hotness, and, then, at this point, add the sausages. As they warm up, a tad bit of the fat from the wieners will begin to come out.
Now, to cover the sausage, turn the sausage in the hot fat. Continue cooking for 15-20 mins, and to cook them all uniformly, move them around in the pan and finish by turning them over consistently.
So, as you are at this point of this article, you are just minutes away to experience the easiest way of cooking crumble sausage as you know how to cook crumble sausage now.
This versatile sausage will help you amazingly by pairing up with a lot of food items. There can also be a few variations in the cooking process, which I will come back with some other day.
For some more impressive recipes, check these out: