It has been a long since I shared my first pizza recipe, which was Easy Fruit Pizza Crust. Today, I will share my version of the best Shredded parmesan asiago pizza.
If you are a pizza and cheese freak, you already know what parmesan asiago is. The combination of parmesan cheese and asiago cheese makes it a top priority for a lot of people out there. Even I’m a huge fan of parmesan-asiago and I cannot even think of any replacement for it.
I came to know about this top-notch parmesan asiago pizza almost a year back when I was in Florida visiting my grandfather’s. Actually, my grandmother prepared it for me as she knew I was a pizza fan. The next day she took me to a restaurant where we had the same parmesan asiago pizza. I was taken by surprise after realizing that the homemade one just tasted like the original one.
Then I learned this recipe the very same day from my grandmother, and today I’m sharing the Shredded parmesan asiago pizza recipe with you.
What is Asiago cheese?
It is nothing but an Italian cow’s milk cheese named after parmesan just because it reminds tabo0ut the flavor Parmesan more than anything. But Asiago cheese is much creamier and nuttier compared to the solid parmesan. On top of that, unlike the parmesan, Asiago cheese is mild flavored and semi-soft
If you let the asiago cheese age for more than 10 months, it will develop a comparatively sharper flavor gradually. This kind of cheese is fine to eat alone, but popularly used grated on pizza, like the Shredded parmesan asiago pizza, salad, and pasta.
- Grated Asiago cheese (2/3 cup)
- All-purpose flour (1-1/2 cups)
- Granulated sugar (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (1 teaspoon)
- Instant dry yeast (1/2 tablespoon)
- Pizza sauce (3/4 cup)
- Warm water (1/2 cup)
- Grated parmesan cheese (2/3 cup)
- Shredded mozzarella cheese (2 cups)
- Freshly ground black pepper (1 teaspoon)
- Place your pizza stone just over the middle rack in your oven. Then preheat the oven to 450-degree Fahrenheit (230 degrees Celsius).
- Now, prepare the Asiago cheese, parmesan cheese, and mozzarella cheese separately in separate bowls. Take another big bowl and place granulated sugar, instant dry yeast, all-purpose flour in it. Stir until you get a perfect blend of the ingredients.
- Then add the whole amount of water in the bowl and keep mixing with a fork until a dough forms, which might feel light and slightly sticky. Then let the dough rest.
***Note: In step three, if need be, skip the fork and use your hands to form the dough perfectly. When you get the dough, let the dough rest for 5-7 minutes in the bowl.
- After letting the dough rest, take it out of the bowl and roll the dough on a floured surface a few times until it gets ¼ inch thick.
- Then use flour or cornmeal to sprinkle a cutting board. Transfer the floured crust to the cutting board. Spread the pizza sauce all over the dough evenly.
- Now, sprinkle the three kinds of cheese, mozzarella first, then the asiago and parmesan at last, evenly one by one all over the pizza. At last, lightly sprinkle the freshly ground black pepper over the pizza evenly.
- Carefully slide the pizza stone along with the oven rack out of the oven. Slowly transfer the prepared pizza to the pizza stone, and then put the rack back by sliding carefully.
- Bake for 13-15 minutes or more on medium heat until the crust edges feel brown and you notice the cheese to get brown and bubbly.
Now your Shredded parmesan asiago pizza is ready. Cut it into pieces and serve hot.
Alike the shredded parmesan asiago pizza dominos, you will get the same nutritional numbers in your homemade parmesan asiago pizza. It offers a healthy combination of essential minerals, e.g., sodium and calcium, along with 499 calories per serving.
|499 (2079 kJ)
Note: Daily Value percentage is based on a 2,000-calorie diet a day.
Is shredded Parmesan-Asiago good on pizza?
Certainly, the shredded Parmesan-Asiago is good on pizza. Thus, it is also the top priority for some. You can compare it with solid parmesan, as both of them are dry cheese and crumbly, which suits perfectly for pizza finishing. More to that, it also goes fine with pasta and some of the Italian dishes as well, just like the Olive Garden chocolate lasagna.
However, there are certainly direct differences between Asiago from parmesan as to their texture. The former is creamier and feels like aged cheddar, while the latter doesn’t.
Mozzarella, parmesan, cheddar, and provolone are the most common and most used pizza cheese. But parmesan asiago has added a new dimension to this cheese list for a cheese lover. Like the other four kinds of cheese, you can either shave or shred the parmesan asiago on top of the freshly baked pizza and enjoy the amazing texture.
So don’t wait for the delivery boy anymore! Prepare and enjoy the Shredded parmesan asiago pizza at your home whenever you care.