KFC has been around for a long time now with its second-largest restaurant chain in the world. Once, this fast-food restaurant chain was popularly known for only its fried chicken. However, its sides, with its devilishly delicious and insanely loved fried chicken, have added some other recipes to enrich and balance the varieties of its fried chicken. One such recipe is the KFC Green Beans Recipe.
It takes only some onions, fresh beans, and spices, but its snap, taste, and texture stand out and literally second to none of its kind. Thus, even those, who aren’t really fond of vegetables, end up loving this amazing recipe. Apart from being wonderfully crunchy and tasty, it is rich in many daily essential nutrients needed for our body. Most interestingly, it also takes a little time to prepare this recipe with a few ingredients in hand. So, if you are in a hurry and want to get some delicious and nutritious meals done immediately, it could be one of the best recipe options available around.
Make sure you follow the proper guidelines from start to end while preparing this crunchy recipe. Although crispness is guaranteed with this recipe, you can make it a vegetarian one, simply skipping the bacon. Don’t overcook it and follow the tips and tricks mentioned in this article to get the recipe done perfectly, which can also be used as a side dish.
While speaking of side dishes, you can also try the seasoned compact, juicy and tender meatballs recipe as well.
Ingredients of Green Beans Recipe
To get this KFC recipe done, you will need the following ingredients. All of them are very significant to get the original-like recipe, so make sure you have them at your place.
- Olive oil (1 tablespoon)
- Salt (½ tablespoon)
- Finely chopped yellow onion (1 cup)
- 1 can green beans (8 oz)
- Finely chopped red bell pepper (¼ cup)
- Garlic powder (1 tablespoon)
- Finely chopped bacon (¼ cup)
- Clean water (1 cup)
- Ground black pepper (1 tablespoon)
Instructions for preparing the recipe
To prepare the KFC green bean recipe, follow these instructions carefully
- Take a regular size pan. Add bacon, yellow onions, red bell pepper, olive oil, and fry them over mild heat very quickly.
- Add up 1 cup of water and keep cooking.
- Now add the green beans and stir so that they mix with other ingredients perfectly. You can rinse and make small pieces of the beans for better mixing before adding them to the pan. Then keep cooking for 2 to 3 more minutes.
- At this point, add up other remaining ingredients: garlic powder, salt, black pepper.
- Keep stirring them, keep cooking for some more time.
- To finish the process, scatter a few bacon bits over the mixture.
- Serve immediately.
Tips and Tricks
As a matter of fact, although the original recipe is pretty good and stands out all one. But it is genuinely impartial or absolutely neutral in nature and color. Consequently, you might want to add up some additional ingredients to boost your recipe’s color and flavor.
- If case you like to get some green beans of traditional southern-style, you have to use vegetable oil in place of rendered bacon fat in your recipe.
- To get a piquant, interesting, and lively side dish, you can utilize olive oil instead of vegetable oil, and add some sliced onions, fresh garlic, yellow and red peppers.
- To bring out a wonderful intrigue, add a lemon juice squeeze along with half 1/2 teaspoon chili flakes to the original recipe.
You can get canned beans from the market. But always remember that these green beans are already cooked. That’s why if you cook them for longer than the needed cooking time, these green beans will lose their nutrients and take up a mushy texture.
However, you might want to minimize the saltiness of these canned green beans. In this case, just drain and then rinse them up using clean and running water.
Nutrition Facts of Green Beans Recipe
In every 3-pound serving of KFC Green Beans, its nutrition value counts as follows
|Nutrition Facts (3-pound)||Value||Daily Value|
|Total Fat||0 g||0%|
|Saturated Fat||0 g||0%|
|Trans Fat||0 g||–|
|Total Carbohydrate||4 g||1%|
|Dietary Fiber||2 g||8%|
How do you make canned green beans taste good?
To make the most of canned green beans, we recommend getting low or almost no salt content. It will help you season them easily while cooking. If it is salty, you have to drain and rinse them using running water to get rid of extra saltiness. The best practice not to overcook them, as you will lose tender texture and nutrients this way. Overall, never take the extra cooking time and never use excess cooking temperature.
Are KFC green beans healthy?
Yes, well-cooked KFC green beans are healthy and nutrient-rich. It’s rich in Calories, Sodium, Vitamin A and other nutrients. (See the Nutrition Facts of Green Beans Recipe.)
To get rid of the usual and boring everyday salads, you can try this KFC green bean recipe right away. In fact, if you are on a diet, it can be your ideal food mix with necessary nutrients. Just make sure you follow the instructions properly and get your crisp-tender, tasty, nutrient-rich recipe done with excitement.
You can also try this regularly for your family members, as it adds to your regular healthy meal mix.